Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time for a(nother) tea party, please!

Today has been grey and yucky, and it started with me NOT getting the phone call that school had been canceled. That meant I got up at 4:30 to teach seminary-- well, okay, I overslept my alarm by 20 minutes-- got ready, drove SLOWLY through the snow to the Institute building, and then no kids came. So I drove back home, shoveled my driveway, and wished I'd been able to sleep in.

Last night I was browsing through a Victoria magazine and the front cover had pretty tea party goodies on it. I thought, "That's what I need: a tea party!" Not that I drink tea. I just want pretty table settings and cute little treats and an excuse for wearing hats. And getting friends together for a little while.

Kinda like this . . .





Whoops, that was my birthday party from the summer. I can THINK about summer, though, right? And know that it will eventually come back? The snow WILL go away, it WILL!!

Meanwhile, we return you to our regularly scheduled program:


Brit likes to help me prepare seminary lessons. She's a very spiritual kitty. She also knows if she sits in the middle of everything, I have to pick her up and move her. (Note: I did NOT pose this shot, I promise.)

7 comments:

Tracy P. said...

I know Brit well enough to know that not only did you not pose that photo, you proably had to move her off some stuff just to take the picture. Bed hog.

literaqueen said...

I didn't have to move her off stuff, actually. Just to sit down afterwards.

The Conductor said...

Wow, it's soooo strange to see pictures of summer in the dead of winter, isn't it? I love the tea party idea. Cute little Brit.

Karen said...

I think a tea party is just what the doctor ordered. It is a good way to usher in a springy time feeling. Brit is just happy to be a part of everything - she'd like a tea party too - a chance to wear a new hat - auntie karen would be happy to send her one to wear to the tea party. Just offering!! (ha-ha-ha)

literaqueen said...

Brit says she'll only wear a hat if Auntie Karen comes to put it on her personally.

Fletch said...

I think you should have a tea party with wassail. And hot chocolate. And also white hot chocolate. I saw this awesome recipe with milk, cream, melted white chocolate and shaved chocolate to sprinkle on the top. Yu-UM! That would be the perfect antidote for the winter blues.

literaqueen said...

E-mail me the recipe, Jen!