Sunday, May 16, 2010

graduation . . . a year later

Yesterday was graduation. I got home after the requisite photo session with new grads and thought about how sick I was (unknowingly at the time) last year. Then I thought, "Huh, I wonder if you can tell from last year's graduation pictures?" Other than that I'm generally not photogenic, what do you think? Here's last year:




And here's this year:




Maybe I'm just creating something that's not there, but I can see a difference in skin tone. Or maybe I just THINK I can.
It's scary to me that I could be so, so anemic and have no idea. How can your body get used to something like that? Anyhow, this is just a post to mark almost a year of the return of health! I feel GREAT!! Running the Decker's Creek Half Marathon on June 5th, and hopefully this year I won't win the caboose award. Yay!



4 comments:

Kelly said...

You do look better! Good luck on the marathon!

CSIowa said...

I don't think you're imagining the change in skin tone. It was the first thing I noticed. Congratulations on the return to health! I'm glad you're doing well.

Twinmomwv said...

I see it! In last year's pic you look so pale. In this year's you're glowing!

Fletch said...

I am always amazed at what a diligent runner you are! I wish I had it in me.

Keep up the good work.