Friday, July 4, 2008

One wall done, three to go

How am I celebrating a very RAINY 4th of July? I put up wallpaper. I've only done one wall so far, but that one wall looks good. It took me about two and a half hours. Not bad, considering I had no clue what I was doing. I didn't even end up coating myself in wallpaper paste. Score! This already-pasted wallpaper is the way to go. I also like that I can focus on one strip at a time, which keeps me from looking at everything that isn't done already. One strip at a time is manageable.

It's 2:12 PM and raining steadily. I don't think I'm having a picnic dinner tonight. Or watching fireworks. Or listening to a big band concert at the park downtown.

I AM, though, going to a barbecue at a friend's house. So we'll be indoors-- it'll still be fun.

Britomart's sitting on my lap purring while I type this entry. She would like to say that she did a fine job of supervising the wallpaper hanging process. Now we're all going to settle down on the couch and read. (Well, I'm going to read-- Brit will nap on me, and Alice will probably join us.)

And to my Canadian friends, Happy Canada Day! And happy 400th anniversary of Quebec City! Je me souviens!

4 comments:

Kim Walker said...

Hi Sheila!
It's great to see your blog. I like your cookies at the top! I can't believe you are wallpapering!!! I could never do that. That's why I'm boring and just paint. Way to go. Yeah, today is pretty much a soggy 4th of July. Have fun!!

Olive Kite said...

You're ambitious! I'm impressed by your home improvements projects.

literaqueen said...

Let me just note that if there were any option for the paint sticking without the wallpaper, I'd do it. Wallpapering is a pain!

Olive Kite said...

It's fun to see the progress you're making on your house.