Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Are you scared by this?


This is what I see when I sit down to write at my computer. Apparently there really was a horror movie about frogs swallowing people-- it came out in 1972, directed by George McCowan (whoever he is). Maybe I'd be grossed out by the actual movie, but the poster makes me laugh. Wouldn't the frog explode if it tried to eat a whole person? How big are these amphibians? And why would a frog suddenly decide people are more appetizing than dragonflies?

I've been looking at the calendar a lot today, because I haven't left my house except to shovel the driveway and take a walk. We're getting hit by a big snowstorm-- okay, not big by Iowa standards, but there's supposed to be ice rain tonight and then more snow tomorrow, so given how poorly the roads are cleared anyhow, I don't think I'll be leaving my house tomorrow, either. I'm feeling vindicated because I canceled my 4 PM class and then the university canceled evening classes anyhow. Yay, I made the right decision!

All 55 counties in West Virginia canceled school today. I've never been in a state where EVERY SCHOOL was shut down. Maybe the 1996 ice storm that hit the Pacific Northwest. Maybe. Good thing I have a good book to read tonight.

I hope February's calendar page is equally entertaining. Given how January has gone, I'll be looking at it a LOT.

No comments: