Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This month's (minor) renovations


Here's a sample of the ugly old pseudo-Asian, pseudo-brass (but really plastic) towel racks I took down. They made my master bathroom look stuffy and dusty.


Ahh. . . nice, non-fussy, simple chrome towel racks. MUCH better!



Best of all, for the first time since I bought my house, I have a non-broken toilet paper holder! RAH! It's the little things that count, right?
I'd like to change other things in the master bathroom-- like the wallpaper and the dark sink cabinets-- but I know the walls underneath the wallpaper don't take paint (same as the master bedroom that I redid this past summer). I think all I can really do in here is change out the sink faucets. MAYBE repaint the sink cabinets to be lighter.
But I can do the upstairs bathroom! Oh yeah!

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Well done, Sheila. My hat's off. (And it really is right now, too, because I am indoors.)

The Conductor said...

Funny how much of a difference the little things can make, huh? Our downstairs bathroom toilet paper holder is currently broken, so I know what you mean... Looks nice!