Sunday, May 24, 2009

Good fences make GREAT neighbors!



Quick review for all you blog fans out there: A few months ago, I said in one of my entries something about being tired of my yard being a doggie toilet for the neighbors' dogs (at last count, there were seven-- I think they're running a kennel). Not only that, but the Doberman has rushed me three times.
No more! Look at my beautiful new chain link fence! Yay!! The neighbors' cat can still poop in my yard, but not the dogs. My new fence says, "Lookie here, all you canines, I have MARKED MY TERRITORY!! Stay off!" I'm sure the neighbors aren't real thrilled about the fence, but it's on my property, so what can they do?
Here's the gate. I installed that because technically, all the yard just beyond it belongs to ANOTHER neighbor who allows the dog owners to use his yard as long as they clean up after the dogs. That neighbor put a fence well inside his property line, so to avoid creating a dog chute and making mowing difficult, we did the gate thing. (Do you like my finger in the corner, too?)


While I'm on yard renovations, look at my now sod-free garden area! Now it's time to terrace. I finished the sod removal and thought, "Hmm, I wonder how I do the next step?" Fortunately, I have a visiting teacher who's dad's a contractor, so she knows how to do this stuff. I also have a colleague who knows how to build walls, and a friend was over here the other night and said, "Hey, my husband likes to build walls." Wall party Saturday morning at 9 if you want to come. Or you can just wait for post-terracing pictures.





2 comments:

Fletch said...

I hope people showed up for your party. I couldn't make it. Sorry. Maybe next time.

literaqueen said...

Two people came: one home teacher (who could wield a mean sledge hammer) and one visiting teacher. We'll see if people come Thursday for the Relief Society service project. I said, "Wear cleats" when it was announced yesterday and got some widened eyes.