Sunday, January 2, 2011

Post? Post? What is "post"?

Okay, okay, I've been a total blogger slacker the past few months. Here are my excuses, in no particular order:

1) Teaching early morning seminary has sapped every ounce of energy out of me in the evening when I would normally blog.
2) My digital camera busted, and blog entries without pictures are boring (um, kinda like this one).
3) My cats have been hogging the computer-- okay, maybe not.

I realized a couple of months ago that I'm way more limited on time than I thought I was. After several consecutive evenings of not getting to bed until 11 PM and then getting up at 4:30 the next morning, I thought, "Something has to change." That, combined with some General Conference talks, got me thinking about my Facebook usage and how I was kind of obssessing over being on there and checking every single little new message.

How does this have anything to do with blogs? I think the connection is that the less I'm on the computer, the less stressed I feel. I only have so many hours in the day, and harp practicing is turning out to be more rewarding than blogging. Not that I won't blog at all, or read other blogs; just not nearly as often.

But I really will get a new digital camera someday, and I really will come up with some new, more enjoyable-to-read entries. Just not today. Sorry.

But I posted . . .

3 comments:

Karen Macauley said...

Keep on practicing your harp. That is so much better than Facebook! I quit watching TV and movies, and cut out Facebook. Now I have much more time to make art. But, I wish I were playing harp too!

Twinmomwv said...

I feel everything! Except the getting up at 4:30 for seminary. Computer time = time warp black hole. On the other hand it's still a great way to keep in touch with people. Just with limits.

Tracy P. said...

Right on, sista!!!!