Sunday, March 27, 2011

upstairs bedroom painting- DONE!

Hi everyone. Brit here, reporting on the remodeling progress of 2011. I have to say, Mom's pretty bad about blogging these days, but I think it's partially due to her needing to pay more attention to-- ahem-- her feline children. Anyhow, once the housemate moved out, the room she'd stayed in was cleared of furniture, so Mom finally decided to redo that room. Here's a picture of me supervising from the futon mattress, which she'd moved out so she could paint:


Mom always said she hated the pink walls and wanted to paint over them. Here's what they looked like before she painted. (The crud at the top of the wall is wallpaper glue that she spent FOREVER peeling off a little at a time. She said it really shredded her fingertips.)




Why did she feel the need to get rid of the wallpaper border? I think she'd say, "Is that a rhetorical question?" Think "pseudo-Southwestern meets attempted floral". Here's the final version, the room all decked out in "Soft Jade":


Now, crazy Mom that she is, she's going to paint the OTHER upstairs bedroom, and then the hallway. Then she promises she's done painting for a while. Until she tackles the dining room wallpaper (two layers), that is . . .






5 comments:

CSIowa said...

Well done! (Wait! Am I talking to a cat?)

Merrilee said...

It looks like you've been busy! It looks great! I loved getting your letter and I'm glad to find out about your blog. Good luck with the half marathon in June. I'm already signed up for a full marathon in June so I guess I'll have to pass on joining you.

Tracy P. said...

It's looking good there, Kitties!!!

Twinmomwv said...

Looks good! Now that Baby M is here AND you're leaving WV you have to come visit us.

literaqueen said...

Yes, yes, yes! I need to stop at Hinkle's Dying Art soon, and I'll come see you, too!