Friday, April 8, 2011

Serious musical enthusiasm

First, check out this link: www2.choralnet.org/268945.html

Back from your little virtual field trip? Good! Here's what I thought about it:

I think enthusiasm goes a long way-- maybe longer than we give it credit for. Okay, so maybe you don't always have perfect rhythm, and maybe you fall off the stand from laughing and end up rolling around on the floor at the end. The point is that you had a fabulous time doing it, and every so often you actually did what you set out to do.

I think all of us have more talent than we think we do. It's so easy to say, "No, I don't have enough formal training" or "That's too hard" instead of letting the music play and moving with it.

Or, you can stop trying to be philosophical and just enjoy a funny clip.

3 comments:

Rachael M said...

That kid is amazing-- and pretty cute, to boot! I've seen a lot of kids who like to try to lead the music at Church, but this little guy is something else all together. I wonder how much of it is just due to his innate musicality and how much of it is due to watching actual conductors.

Tracy P. said...

So awesome! This kid reminds me of little Donna, Nathan and Catherines little one!

literaqueen said...

Rachael, I think William could do this . . .