Monday, October 27, 2008

antibiotics all gone

This morning I took my last amoxicyllin (however you spell that) horse pill! Yay!! For those of you who haven't been hit by the weird flu strain that wants to settle in your chest and the bottom of your lungs, count yourselves lucky. I'm still not entirely sure that's what I had, but I got scared enough after almost a week of having fevers off and on and then getting winded going up two flights of stairs that I actually went to the doctor. The doctor actually ordered a chest x-ray, which made me feel consumptive or something. (But I passed my TB screening in August with flying colors . . .) "There's one little spot in your lower left lung. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but here's a prescription for an inhaler and antibiotics."

That spot had better be gone after ten days of swallowing horse pills twice a day!

But if I relapse and end up with lung cancer from, oh, I don't know, second-hand smoke damage from my mission, can I have pansies on my grave?

4 comments:

The Terrell Family said...

Glad you're feeling better.

We saw the small church a couple of weeks ago on our trip down to Canaan Valley. The pictures even make it look bigger.

Emy5 said...

Sorry you were sick Sheila. No fun. And X-rays? Scary stuff.

Fletch said...

That almost sounds like bronchitis. Did you wheeze at all? Did it feel like you were breathing in and out of a straw?

literaqueen said...

No, I didn't really wheeze. I just didn't have as much air as I would have liked. Now, short of some sneezing and dripping which I think is just normal November stuff, I'm good.