Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's Fall!!



I took this shot from an upstairs bedroom window. It wasn't quite in it's full blazing glory until a day or two later, but you get the idea here. I don't think I'll ever be able to live anywhere again that doesn't have fall colors. I've spent most of October driving through amazing panoramas of orange and red trees.

Too bad the leaves fall off. This tree, in my front yard, is now completely barren. I got the leaves raked up the other day and couldn't bend for a day or two afterwards. (No, I'm not getting old . . .) One tree done, five or six more trees in the backyard.

Why can't the color just stay through November? I know, I know, opposition in all things. I find the post-color season very anticlimactic, though. Good thing Christmas lights will go up in another month.

5 comments:

Fletch said...

Aarrggh! I am not ready for winter!

Darn it! Can't those leaves just hang on for another month or so?

Geez!

(Your picture is very nice...I guess in the dead of winter you can always come back to your blog at stare at it whenever you want.)

literaqueen said...

It's supposed to snow tonight and then rain, so all the leaves that are on the ground are going to be cold and soggy and moldy by the time I rake them up. Or the grass will be dead, if I take a really long time.

At least in Iowa people basically know how to drive in snow-- and if they don't, it's flat and they won't slide off a cliff.

literaqueen said...

Okay, so after all the preaching to my students about its in the possessive form NOT having an apostrophe, I make that mistake on a blog. Oops! I feel like my grammar slip is showing . . .

Emy5 said...

Gorgeous tree. I can't wait for Christmas lights too, but NOT the old.

literaqueen said...

I hear you! Cold needs to stay away until January. Just a little snow for decoration, not the ice pieces that have fallen the past couple of days.