Sunday, November 1, 2009

Any costume ideas for these hats?

First, let me give some background. A week ago, I was in the creative arts building on campus for a friend's double-bass recital and saw signs for a pre-Halloween costume sale in the costume workshop. I was hoping for the makings of a Renaissance costume. Either lots of other people were as well and got there first, or there weren't any Shakespearean costumes up for purchase. Instead, I bought three hats for a quarter each.

Let me also apologize for the lousy facial expressions. I couldn't figure out the timer feature on my camera, so I was just trying to get pictures from arm's reach.

So here's the game: what costume would you suggest for each of the following hats?

First, the hat I have unofficially named the "itty bitty hat":




Next, a hat that looks much better than the photo suggests. It's lavender and the veil extends all the way down if you let it:


Finally, my favorite (although you'd never know by the facial expression)-- I have named it "pansy fantasy":



Okay, send the suggestions!! Maybe I'll use one next Halloween!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I also like the 3rd hat. I'd use it for a Mother Nature themed costume. Only a quarter? What a deal.

sarahandmatt said...

uh, good luck on those halloween hat ideas. I'm pretty sure you could just wear any one of them and people would know it's a costume. Isn't that enough? My brother was the lost and found for Halloween. One of those hats could be a good start...

literaqueen said...

The lost and found? That's hilarious!

Kelly-- I actually thought about a Mother Nature themed costume, or at least one that involved a toga. I was thinking along the lines of the ladies from "Music Man" (one Grecian urn . . .), but I couldn't get it together in time this year.

Fletch said...

I don't know why, but I am drawn to the "itty bitty hat". Or maybe it's just the name. Hmmm.

I have no ideas. What's new?

literaqueen said...

I like the itty bitty hat-- I'm just not sure what it goes with in terms of clothing.

Nothin' much around here; seminary's eating up all my time. And that work thing. Yeah.