Sunday, June 29, 2008

Oh, those crazy felines . . .






Okay, I promise every single entry won't be about the kitties. I wanted to start with this, though, to see how I do with adding photos. I took this picture on a windy spring Saturday when there were all kinds of leaves whipping around outside. My cats really like moving leaves, and since they aren't allowed outside, the screen is as close as they could get. They spent the whole afternoon watching. My favorite part of this picture, though, is the little brass cat doorstop behind the real cats. I love that they're all in the same pose.
About Brit on top of the cabinets. In January when it was check-up time at the vet, the vet, knowing that my cats are 13 years old, asked if they have any issues with arthritis. Brit climbs up on the cabinets regularly. What do you think? My cranky old lady cats (who will be 14 in two weeks-- that's 98 in people years) haven't slowed down a bit. They just smack each other a little more often when they're hungry. A couple of hours ago I left a SMALL drawer open and Brit tried to fit inside it. Are they hard-wired to smash into impossibly small or high spaces?






2 comments:

Olive Kite said...

Wow, your cats are talented. Our cat stopped springing into so high of places long ago.

literaqueen said...

And as a bonus talent, Alice likes to vomit on duvet covers. Nice, huh?