Sunday, June 29, 2008

Welcome to the randomness!

I'm going way out on a limb and adding photos to what I've always seen as a text-based activity. Ooooh, are you impressed? The cookies are from a spring housewarming party (there will be many entries, I'm sure, about house renovations). $1 for a cookie cutter from Cairo, West Virginia (not Egypt, in case you got confused) and look at all the fun! And Alice and Brit would be very upset to not be part of the blog. Not that they'll type anything themselves. They'll just meow. If they COULD type, though, each entry would be along these lines: "We're hungry. Please tell Mommy to feed us. She also needs to scratch behind our ears instead of typing on the keyboard. Humans!" So anyhow, welcome to my blog. Happy reading!

2 comments:

CSIowa said...

I've searched back to this post because I've been wondering what the cookies are supposed to be. I'm glad to know that the cookie cutter was $1 from Cairo, WV, but I'm no closer to understanding what shape it is. Some guesses:

Santa carrying his pack
A turkey
A stylized profile of Bill Clinton with a giant head, a Pinocchio nose, and a miniature body
A camel wearing a skirt
A beheaded obese man with a peg leg
A walking quote bubble
A storm cloud

Which one is it?

literaqueen said...

Wow, your guesses are way more creative than the actual answer. The cookies are the shape of the state of West Virginia. I live near the top edge, just to the east of the little part that sticks up at the top (that would be the northern panhandle, as opposed to the eastern panhandle, which is what sticks out on the right like, well, a panhandle of sorts). I just assumed people would make the connection between the cookie shape and the fact that I'm in West Virginia, but I guess not.

Did you feel like you were imagining cloud shapes except in cookie dough?