Thursday, November 20, 2008

Six Sillies about Sheila

Jenn Fletcher tagged me to write six quirks about myself, and I had to try to be alliterative (is being an English teacher a quirk . . .?) I couldn't quite duplicate the "si" sound and still have my real name. Rats! Maybe "Six Sillies about Sheila that sound sibillant?" Nah.

Okay, enough stalling. Here I go:

1. I have little to no spatial intelligence when it comes to maps. I can, however, look at a jigsaw puzzle, pick up a piece, and fit it immediately into its appropriate spot without trying it lots of places first.

2. I would eat guacamole and pico de gallo for every single meal if I could figure out a way to get some calcium in me as well-- and if I lived where there's good Mexican food. Jenn, I identify with your single food quirk (okay, mine's double),

3. I have been known to sleep walk. I have practiced a lesson for Mardi Gras (in French) in my sleep, given apartment tours to amused roommates, and moved household items to odd spots where I can't find them later when I'm awake.

4. This one's related: I can sleep through earthquakes and tornados. Well, maybe not one that hit my house directly, but I slept through a tornado siren when I was right next to an open window and the cat had freaked out and ricocheted off my feet with her claws because of the noise. Yup, talent. Or maybe narcolepsy.

5. I harbor a secret dream of attending culinary school. I'd settle for marrying a chef who's into organic gardening. Or maybe I'll just learn to make some sushi.

6. I think the world would be a better place if pajama pants were considered professional wear.

There! Now I need to tag six more people. Okay, I tag . . . Meghan O'Neil, Emily Cairns, Jen West (are you reading this blog at all, Jen?), Olive Kite, Heather Wood, and Mary Brough.

5 comments:

Emy5 said...

Yikes! I think I'll pass on doing the tag. I did something similar a while back and don't want to bore everyone.

Your quirks were very interesting, esp the sleepwalking.

Hope you had a great trip and I want to get together SOON to help you with your layout.

Fletch said...

Hey, I could teach you how to make sushi.

literaqueen said...

You know how to make sushi, Jenn? Why did I not know this key fact when I lived two houses away from you?

Fletch said...

Oh, I didn't learn till after you moved. I found an easy recipe. You just need seaweed sheets, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, rice, and then any filling you want. (I don't dare use raw fish, so I use shrimp or crab, and then you can add cucumber or avacado, etc.)

literaqueen said...

Okay, so you need to teach me when I come to visit in January!