Thursday, August 14, 2008

May family rocks!!

So after looking at friends' blogs that are all nice and updated, I got a little worried that nobody will read my blog any more because I haven't updated it. But I have a good rationale: I was gone last week for the May family reunion in Utah! Rah!

Too bad I didn't take any pictures. Yeah-- a family reunion after FOURTEEN YEARS and I forgot to take pictures. Way to go. I kind of felt old this time, because most of my cousins' kids who were little at our last reunion (do the math-- that would be in 1992) are now in college and/or married with one or two kids of their own. A few people have really changed. I actually looked at one man and asked, "Who are you?" Turns out he's my cousin Christine's husband Dennis. Oops. Like I said, it's been a long, dry spell between reunions.

Highlights:
Steve Knuckles directing the whole May clan in campfire cheers and a special May family clap
Aunt Marian's slide show of Grandpa and Grandma May's lives, with almost every person across five generations represented
All the techie cousins-- plus a brother-in-law-- figuring out how to McGyver a connection between Aunt Marian's laptop and the projector so we could see the slide show
Cheesecake with blueberry topping at a campsite meal. Not that anyone I know dumped hers on the ground as soon as she got it . . . I hate when that happens!
Being introduced to roasted Starbursts-- thanks, Kathie!
Family skits
The ear wiggling contest. Cousin Steve is amazing at this! Grandpa May would be proud.
Paddleboats and an amazing workout of my quads-- who knew?
Imitating old family photo facial expressions
The deer who watched us prepare our lunch from just outside the camp pavilion
A late night game of Hearts. Um, when was "lights out" again?
A universal question: Why don't we do this more often?

1 comment:

Phillip and Mary said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! I loved the entry about the half marathon! Ha! That is awesome!