Saturday, August 2, 2008

Yo Adrian!









Okay, so as you can see, I still haven't figured out how to put the pictures where I want them (and in the order I want them). Let's just pretend this is a Philadelphia collage. I took a little road trip last weekend (five hours in my little VW Beetle that gets GREAT mileage- yay!) to visit friends in Schwenksville. Don't you just want to live in a place with that kind of name?



So Schwenskville is a suburb of Philadelphia. I HAD to run the art museum steps and have a Rocky moment. That's the picture with the stairs. Just FYI, the stairs aren't all that long or steep, so it was a little anti-climactic, but I had a great view of downtown Philly from the top. I also went to see the Liberty Bell, but the line to go in was really long and I was hot and tired, so instead of going to see it I took a picture of Constitution Hall and then called my friend, who had dropped me off and then looped around, to pick me up. It took her half an hour. Remind me never to live in Philadelphia.



We also went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D. Fun movie, made even more fun with the glasses. And the hat? I found it at a vintage clothing store in a giant flea market. Supposedly it was a farmers market, but I didn't see much local produce. While we were in Philly we stopped at the Reading Farmers Market, which features in National Treasure 2 (which I haven't seen).

See what you all are missing out west? Come this direction!

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Cool! I've always wanted to go to Philly to see all the history stuff. Maybe on the off-season, though? (But I'd really like to see it while the trees are green. That seems to make it that much more pleasant, don't you agree?)

literaqueen said...

Come in the fall when the trees change color! I guess late spring could work, too. You could do Philly and DC in one fell swoop.