Friday, August 1, 2008

Watch out Design Star!





As you can see, I still haven't mastered picture placement in my blog entries. I was trying for a "before and after" effect, but the "after" pictures got positioned first. Emily, come help me figure out how to do this properly for the next blog entry!


Anyhow, as you can see from the picture to the left (compared with the top left picture, lots has changed in my master bedroom. I didn't intend this to be my summer project, but it almost literally has been. This (to the left) is what my bedroom looked like in early May. The picture doesn't do the nasty old patio door justice because it's hidden behind the curtain sheers. You can get the green and white striped wallpaper effect, though, right?
Now the walls are stripe free! Hurray! I feel kind of like I'm at a beach resort when I walk in the room. I still stink at cutting in (hope whoever lives in this house next doesn't look too closely), but I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and feel bright and restful when I look at my walls rather than slightly motion sick. I'm also looking forward to not trekking out to the living room to find my dresser drawer (where it was temporarily residing during the painting). My room is back in commission!
Next project: sod removal so I can finally terrace the garden area for my back yard. Hope the humidity goes down before I start . . .


















No comments: