Sunday, March 15, 2009

kitty camo




Can you spot the kitty? Take your time . . .
So a month or so ago I got really tired of the forest green curtains that were framing the outside of my tub. They made my bathroom too dark. Off to Bed, Bath, & Beyond for a new outer shower curtain. Little did I know that replacing the curtain would turn the bathtub into an exciting adventure land for my cats.
My cats-- especially Britomart, who's in the pictures above-- LOVE water. Ever since they were kittens they've always wanted to be near the shower when it's on because they like the steam. They also like to drink out of the dripping faucet when it's not in use. They've also always liked to hide, or at least think they're hiding.
Up goes the new shower curtain, in go the cats to check it out. Somehow having a bit of fabric to hide behind equals excitement. The cats have been going NUTS with this-- sometimes they bat each other from opposite sides of the curtain (which is bad, because the curtains are sheer and my cats' feet have claws on the ends), sometimes they peer out as if they're hiding in bushes, but mostly they just like to pretend I can't see them.
You can't see them either, right?