Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Courageous Spectacled Spatula



Yes, for all of you who were wondering, this is who I am when I'm not hiding behind my mild-mannered college professor identity. I'm not entirely sure how my spatula is considered a weapon, but maybe I slap villains silly and then slide them up off the pavement and into jail. I've always wanted to be the Exfoliator, but that option didn't come up on the website where I created this. Here's the link for all you wannabe superheros out there: www.cpbintegrated.com/theherofactory. It's worth visiting the site just to hear the music.

And yes, capes are dangerous for superheros, but I thought it was very dramatic . . . Play with the site and share who your true superhero self is!

By the way: two Christmases ago, I had the following conversation with my nephew Joseph (who LOVES superheros), age 9 at the time:

"Is Ian your sidekick?" (Ian is Joseph's younger brother)

"Yes."

"What's his superhero name?"

"Carcinogen."

"Wow, that's pretty scary."

6 comments:

Rachael M said...

What a great story! Thanks for making me laugh! :)

Karen said...

This is great. I can truly see you being this superhero. I will try it with Kayla next she is over.

Fletch said...

Awesome! Cool website! My kids would love it!

literaqueen said...

You need to make a superhero identity, too! Then you can be like the Incredibles.

The Conductor said...

I was very impressed with your identity once you explained the spatula part. Wow!

Very fun.

literaqueen said...

Hey, someone has to scoop up those evil villains.