Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Alice speaks her mind

Okay, so Britomart already wrote HER blog entry. Now it's my turn. My name's Alice, and I'm the bigger, softer, nicer of the two of us. I get picked on by Brit all the time; notice on the picture at the bottom of the blog that in the picture on the papa san chair, Brit's got the prime spot in the center while I'm stuck on the outside edge. She thinks she's alpha cat or something, and she weighs half what I do. Oh, but I digress . . .

I wanted to blog about a new toy I've discovered in the kitchen: the corner cupboard above the counter, next to the sink. A couple of weeks ago Brit and I figured out that we could pull it open. There's not much we can paw at in there besides dishes, so for a while we just left the door open so Mom could see how smart we are. Also to show that she doesn't have control over our access to cupboards.

Mom doesn't like us to open the cupboard, so we waited until she was in bed and couldn't hear us. That worked fine until we discovered a toy within the toy: a cloth bag that holds lots of plastic grocery bags inside. It has an opening at the bottom that's just paw-sized, begging for exploration. So I complied. I hooked my paw in and pulled out a plastic bag. I didn't mean to REALLY pull it out, but I often forget to retract my claws and it got stuck. I was all for leaving it on the counter so Mom wouldn't know which of us did it.

But no, Brit wanted to play with the bag and bat it around the living room floor. Those hardwood floors are fun to skid across. Too bad she made a lot of noise and woke Mom up. Uh oh. I cleared out and ran up the stairs to pretend I was asleep while Brit got in trouble. Revenge is sweet. Bad news, though. Mom put the new toy out of reach, up on the top shelf of the cupboard.

Hmm, I wonder how good my climbing skills are?

No comments: