Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's beginning to look like Christmas

Here's my Christmas tree, complete with bubble lights. (I need more . . .)



Here are the Christmas carolers my dad made decades okay. There used to be four, but one got lost/blown away two years ago (sob!).
I have no outside outlights, and I'm scared of getting up on a ladder anyhow, so my compromise is to hang lights on the insides of my windows. I didn't notice some had fallen down until after I took this picture-- oops. It also just occurred to me that I should have turned on my outside lights, too (on either side of the door).
I'm not sure what my decorations would rate on Steve Fletcher's rating scale, but I tried. . . If I had outside outlets, I'd love to have one or two of those deer strung with lights. Kaysville Utah's city hall has a lit up moose-- I'd like that even better. Tonight, if I were in Iowa, I'd be driving around looking at all the luminaries in Coralville. Instead, I'll drive around and look at lights in South Park, the area where all the historical homes are. Christmas lights are the best!

4 comments:

literaqueen said...

"Outlights" should read "outlets"-- I need to proofread before I publish . . .

Fletch said...

There was an icestorm last night and 30 mph winds and subzero temperatures...so NO ONE drove around to look at the luminaries (three years in a row now that has happened). We put ours out and the lights couldn't last fifteen minutes. So you didn't miss anything.

Oh...Steve's not here, but I would definintely rate you at least a Frosty the Snowman. Maybe a Rudolph. Making an effort is the most important part. I love the carolers.

literaqueen said...

Bummer! I drove around and looked for lights, but most neighborhoods didn't have many out. A few houses here and there were really decked out with inflatable snow globes and everything, but I wonder if people are saving on their power bills.

You're not frozen, are you? Will the ice storms go away by January 2nd when I come to visit?

Emy5 said...

Sheila, That is so nice that you have some things that your dad made. I like when decorations are full of family history.

Your tree like pretty.