Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The day the mincemeat melted



This morning I decided to make pancakes. I turned on the oven to warm up to 275 degrees. I forgot that I had kitty-proofed some plates of Christmas goodies by putting them in the oven. The oven beeped that it was ready, I heard a "clunk," and I smelled burning plastic. Here's what I peeled off the oven grate with a spatula:







Fortunately, most of my Christmas treats weren't in the oven. Those in cat-proof tins were sitting here on the kitchen table:
But really, it's been a good Christmas. Here are the slipper socks that Santa put in my stocking. Britomart likes them, too-- or at least she liked being in the picture:
And now on to the next holiday: Happy New Year about 14 hours early!










3 comments:

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

I've lost more good food to storing it in the oven than I care to mention. Have a happy new year!

Emy5 said...

Happy New Year to you too, Sheila.


I liked your funny mishap story about the plates. Big woops!

literaqueen said...

Guess I just need to eat Christmas treats faster . . .